St. Anthony High School employs a 1:1 iPad Program, where students bring ther own iPads to school.
Every student required to bring an iPad will need to do the initial enrollment prior to the first day of school. Please complete this enrollment process using the following steps:
- Please click here and fill out the form.
- After the student completes the form in the above link, he or she will be sent an email within 24-48 hours to their school email address with a link to install the security software called Maas360. This software allows us to send school purchased apps, documents, and textbooks to the iPad. It also allows us to restrict items when they are at school only. It is required to have the software installed; otherwise, stuents may not be able to get textbooks and apps that the school provides.
- To install the Maas360 sofware, the student will open their St. Anthony email on their iPad and click on the link. Here is the installation guide for the security software for the iPad. Please visit the school office to be able to contact the network administrator if you receive the following message when trying to complete the Maas360 steps: "some error has occurred while authenticating your request"?
- To access St. Anthony student email, go to mail.google.com on the iPad. The email address is their 3 initials and the year the student graduates. (email@example.com). The student's password is the year they graduate plus the last four digits of their social security number (ex. 20131234).
If you have any issues or questions on security software installation, you can bring your iPad to orientation or during tech office hours the first two weeks of school to sign up for help.
You will need to register the MAC address of your iPad in order for it to be allowed access to the St. Anthony High School Wi-Fi system.
MAC addresses are unique hardware identifiers that are assigned to all network capable devices such as iPads, Computers, Wi-Fi adapters etc.
Please use one of the following appropriate files to fill in the MAC Addresses for all of your devices you plan to use on the St. Anthony Schools wireless system.
MAC Addresses will show up as a series of 12 letters and/or numbers separated by either colons or hyphens. (Please ensure you are getting the Wi-Fi MAC address and not Ethernet, etc.)
iPad / iPod Touch / iPhone
Settings > General > About > Wi-Fi Address
There are 2 ways, depending on how old/new your MacBook is:
1. Click the Apple icon in the top left corner of the desktop System Preferences > Network > Wi-Fi > Advanced Towards bottom, Wi-Fi Address is listed
2. Click the Apple icon in the top left corner of the desktop System Preferences > Network > Airport > Advanced > Ethernet Ethernet ID is the MAC Address
- Home Screen
- Click the Gear icon in the top right corner
- More > Device > Wi-Fi MAC Address Nook Press the “n” button on bottom of the device Settings > Device Info > About Your Nook > Wi-Fi MAC Address
- Press the “n” button on bottom of the device
- Settings > Device Info > About Your Nook > Wi-Fi MAC Address
- Start Menu > Run
- Type the following command line:
cmd - hit enter
Look for wireless ethernet adapter physical address - that is the MAC Address
- About Phone
- Hardware Info
- Wi-Fi MAC Address
What if my device is stolen or damaged? Who should I contact? What recourse can I take?
The device security is full responsibility by the student. The school does not assume liability for damage or theft.
Is there optional insurance that can be purchased?
Yes. Optional insurance may be purchased for damage, theft, or loss through StudentInsurance Partners. Please visit this site for more information. Coverage must be chosen for the iPad 416GB. If additional coverage is purchased for your child’s school-owned device, the school must be notified, and damage claims must be submitted to the school office for our records. The iPad case is not covered with the additional insurance and may need to be replaced at the cost of $40.
It is required that I use the school wireless? Can I use my own 3G or 4G service?
Yes. You are required to log in to the school wireless at all times. Even if your device offers 3G or 4G service, you are required to use the school wireless.
Will I have access to things I normally would do with district equipment?
You will have access to the normal, filtered sites on the Internet. However, since you are not logging in directly to the network, software on St. Anthony desktops, printers, and your H: drive will not be accessible.
Am I required to add additional software (virus protection, tracking device, etc. ) to my device?
Required iPads for specific grade levels will be required to have the Maas360 software installed. Please visit the iPad Enrollment site for instructions on how to get that installed. Any personal computer, either Windows based or Apple based, will require up-to-date virus protection software. If it is found that your computer does not have protection software, your wireless privileges will be revoked. It is up to you if you want to add a tracking software to your computer or technology device in the event it may be lost or stolen.
Will the Maas360 software that is to be loaded onto required student iPads be used to monitor activity, passwords, keystrokes, etc.?
Maas360 can not take control of the iPad or monitor keystrokes, screens, etc. on student iPads. The software is used to push school purchased apps through the Apple volume licensing program to student iPads. It also will be used to push documents and textbooks to student iPads. Maas360 will restrict use of portions of the iPad and certain apps, such as disabling the camera, iTunes, and App Store, while on school grounds only. The restriction is lifted off the student device once the student leaves school grounds for the day and can be used unrestricted.
How will my device be used in the classroom?
It is up to each teacher and their lesson objectives as to how they are used in the classroom.
I don't have my own device to bring to school. Will I be penalized or miss out on instruction?
It is not a requirement for juniors and seniors to have a device for school However, some upper-level classes may benefit from having a device. Since devices are used as supplemental instruction at this level, you should not be penalized.
My device is not prompting me to choose a wireless network. Is there another way to connect?
Reboot your device.
I can't get my device to connect to the network. Can I get some help from someone?
Reboot your device first. If you still need help, ask a knowledgeable classmate for assistance.
I need to save my work in my network folder. Why can't I access this resource?
You are logged in to the wireless network. The network drives are not accessible unless you log in to a school computer.
I need to print an assignment, why is there no printer when I try this?
It is our goal to become a paperless environment. While logged into the wireless network, networked printers will not be available for use. St. Anthony encourages you to print at home or deliver an electronic copy to your teacher.
Why am I filtered on my own computer?
When logging into the wireless network, you will receive the same filtering as you would when logging in to a school computer. This is to protect the integrity and safety of our network.
Am I still held accountable for the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) I signed at the beginning of the school year even though this is my personal device?
It is required that a copy of the signed handbook form for the Diocese of Springfield AUP, St. Anthony AUP, and Wireless AUP, as well as the MAC Address form is on file in the office before you have access to the wireless network. If any of these forms are missing, you will not get access to the wireless network.